Experience Rocks

Summer in Ada, Ohio is quite peaceful, boring, and extremely empty. If you thought that businesses closed too early during the school year, you must know that they close even earlier in the summer. In my previous blog post, I mentioned my fear of attending ONU because it of the size but with time I realized what a great education I am receiving. What I forgot to mention was the incredible, remarkable, wonderful, and ASTOUNDING people I have met. So, when they all disappear on me in the summer, I get sad.

Thankfully, I was given the opportunity to fulfill the internship requirement for my communications degree. The stress level I had trying to find an internship was sky high but with the help of a family friend, I got one. I regret waiting until this summer to fulfill it, but with musical theatre and auditions, it is almost impossible to be certain what your next job will be. I am interning at a small advertising agency and it has been a refreshing experience and it has kept me busy. I must say, working an unpaid, full time, internship is rough but I would like to think unpaid internships push people to work harder in the future. I am learning how important it is to step into many opportunities as you can. We can learn from experiences and the more, I believe, the better.


This specific internship has me making a lot of phone calls and I have certainly gotten better at speaking on the phone to random strangers. Communication is key! If my career as a performer does not work out, I would love to incorporate my communications degree with my passion for music. I can only dream, but alas, I will keep trying new things. Interning is great and I would love to expand my horizons with several different forms of work in the communications field.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do You Meme?

Bringing Your A Game

Finstagram Should Vanish