Finstagram Should Vanish

“A picture is worth a thousand words,” and I totally agree. I love Instagram. I love looking at pictures and I love posting pictures. Besides Instagram being my favorite platform in general, I believe it is a great tool for not only personal purposes, but business purposes as well. You are able to market yourself in such a creative way.

There are several social media fads that come and go, but the worst has got to be what is called, “Finstagram,” otherwise known as, fake Instagram. I hate it and I have seen awful things come from it. “Finsta” is a way to create another Instagram profile that is supposedly for posting random pictures, videos, and long captions where you can be as ruthless as you want; essentially, a diary. So, in my opinion, why not just get a diary? Sure, they can be hilarious. I have friends that have them and they go wild with their posts, (mainly posts they only want a select group of followers to see). Usually set on private, these “Finsta” users go as far as calling others out and they express things that they obviously would not want the person they are attacking to see. Personally, I see it as an easy way to find yourself bullying other people without even realizing it.


I do see why people have them and why they do it. Perhaps some users have even been saved because of a personal cry for help. But, what I think bothers me the most is that even if you have your account set on private, you simply cannot undo what you have posted online, and it might even bite you in the ass one day. So why post EXTREMELY personally statements? I think this really is one of the downsides of social media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do You Meme?

Bringing Your A Game