Cornfields and Crying

Cornfields and Crying

I remember wanting to cry before I left for college because I did not want to go to Ohio Northern University. I had the hardest time grasping the fact that I would be at this small of a school and essentially live in a cornfield. I come from a town that is close to this school and it made me cringe even more because all I wanted to do was get out and move far away. I enjoy big cities and I love meeting all sorts of different and eccentric people so you can see why I was a little scared to come here. But what brought me here was my passion for music and knowing that it was imperative I pursue a degree in musical theatre and at ONU, you are sure to earn a wonderful education for a B.F.A. in Musical Theatre.

Despite my anxiety of living in this small of a town, I can honestly say I am glad I chose this school. Not only do I get to do what I love with music but I also get to major in communications. Double majoring might sound dreadful to your average college student but it has been nothing but a blessing being able to do both at ONU. One aspect that is great about being a student here is the one-on-one attention one can receive from the learning environment due to the small amount of students that make up each class. I mean, how many that go to Ohio State (my first dream school) can say that their professors know them by their first name? You honestly can’t beat that feeling as a college student, knowing that your professor actually cares about your success.


So to all you with eccentric personalities that are frightened to attend a small conservative school I say, GO FOR IT! You won’t regret receiving an amazing education with lots of opportunities to keep you busy, even though the nearest Chipotle is twenty miles away and literally everything closes before midnight (eye roll).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do You Meme?

Bringing Your A Game

Finstagram Should Vanish